This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 13 January 2012

Berry 71 Bleu - January Challenge

Happy Friday to you all! Weekend for me, always means creating and spending time in my craft corner.

Yesterday I was surfing the net and found this really interesting site: http://berry71bleu.blogspot.com
and really loved the projects that I saw there. I also saw that they had a January challenge, which is this:  Vintage,(Shabby), or French Cottage style altered project.
January Challenge is to alter anything. You can do a LO, card, tag, box, or anything your heart desires that you think is alterable. You can add any elements you wish and use any media to alter your project.

I wanted to do something a little different for me and so decided on an altered box. I am really pleased with the way it turned out and will be using it in this coming year, as my Believe Box.  This is where I am going to write little notes to myself about my dreams, hopes and aspirations for 2012 and beyond.

It is a little black box which I coloured lightly with Color Box Gold pigment to give it that "aged" look and then added the lace trim to the sides.  For the lid I did quite a lot of layering with feathers, lace, paper and embelishments. The paper used was Prima - Reflections Collection - Cyrus and Prima - Botanical Collection - Walk in the Park. My cut out clock was also Prima, from their flower packaging paper and the flowers used are Prima. The Rub On was Royal Langnickel. The leaves are from Creative Imaginations/Art Warehouse and the frilly corners are Enmarc, with Upikit  pearl rhinestones.

Okay enough said, here is my Believe Box.


A view from the top:


 
And lastly, a top/side view.



I really enjoyed making this little box and think I must try and do some more projects like this.
It made me think "out the box" (laugh laugh)

Have an awesome weekend and hopefully you find some time to create too.
Cheers
Denise

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise,

    This is such a pretty "Believe" box! Love the elements you used..love the lace and how you layered it.

    Thanks for joining the challenge at Berry71bleu.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete