This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Beautiful - Scrap Africa Sketch no.22

Hi Everyone

I am back from my little getaway to the sea and I am feeling well rested! I still think it was not long enough, but then again, is it ever long enough...LOL!!!

I have a page for the new Scrap Africa sketch challenge here. I really hope that you can play along.
The sketch is one from PageMaps.


Here is my take on it.


I really climbed into my stash and used some papers and chippies that I have had for ages! The papers are Bo Bunny Love Shack and the big bloom chippies are Design Worx, as well as the photo frame.  The butterflies are Enmarc.

When I saw the sketch I knew that I wanted to use these big bloom chippies and I was pleased that I used them!


This page came together really easily and I managed to finish it in record time! I was really trying to get it all done and finished before I went away. So all I had to do was add some journalling, and then I was done. Man oh Man, was I mad at myself when I did my journalling and it just did not look right! The angle of my journalling was off.  It took me another hour and a half to remedy this. So yes, this page did eventually take me much longer than I wanted it to!!!!



Well thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate the visit.

I really need to get my head down and start creating, so tonight is the night! 

Have a super evening!
Denise x

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! I love the colors and those flowers are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors and patterns you used Denise! What a fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bold & vibrant use of colour makes this really pop right off the page...Love those flower chippies and the stamped butterfly....Oh no!...another 90 minutes to fix the journalling....I would have been cranky too....I often do things like that....but you saved it....well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, bright and beautiful! Congrats as well, on making the most wanted at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright, fun layout. Love the colours and the chippies are perfect for this layout. Love the photo too - cute girl... I would have been mad about the journalling too. Glad you got it sorted though. Love this layout and I have got it down so that I can play this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very colorful and very beautiful sunny layout.

    Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Denise! First of all, I absolutely love that sketch! And your take on it is more than fabulous! I love your textures and colors! And the photo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous layout, love the flowers and the butterflies fluttering around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright and beautiful. Glad you had a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful layout with so funny colros !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout Denise & such gorgeous colours! So glad you got a little break!! Boy do I need one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch and loving your take on it, fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is beautiful and bright Denise. I love that you worked away at your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so sweet! Love the upbeat colors and mix......just makes you happy looking at this cute lo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous layout Denise and such a beautiful photo indeed! Love the pretty patterned papers and fancy blossoms!

    ReplyDelete