Apologies for not having posted for almost a week, but I had a week from hell! I really don't want to bore you with all the details, but I can surely say this...living in Africa is not always so nice and our country certainly does have it's negatives! I can just, once again, say that I have been reminded that life is precious and every day and moment is precious too!!!
I recently had to do a DT assignment for BoBunny for a party theme and so I chose a Tea Party theme and this is what I did.
I created a tea party setting, using die-cuts, tags, pleated canvas and also made pillow boxes.
Below is a closer look at the tags I made and using the alpha stamps, I stamped each persons name on their tag.
Maryia, my DT friend at BoBunny, pointed out this really neat way of using the alpha stamps, on Pinterest. You use a rubber band to keep the alpha's together and is much easier stamping like this.
I joined the border diecuts together to make cake rounds for the cup cakes.
I used stickable stencils and pearlescant paint to make the tags. Here are the steps below.
Step 1. Colouring 4 tags in one go by placing the stickable stencils over the four tags.
Step 2. Using a sponge to dab the first colour, randomly, over the tags.
Step 3. Now dab the second colour, randomly, over the tags.
Step 4. Remove the stencils once the paint is dry.
Step 5. Add rub-ons, stamping and other goodies.
I also made these cute little pillow boxes to say thanks and also hold a small chocolate. I downloaded the template from the internet and hand cut them.
It was actually quite surprising to me that this little project was relatively inexpensive. The flowers and the yummy goodies was the only expense. I had everything else and so it was just putting it all together and making it pretty! ;-)
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hopefully I have given you some seeds of inspiration for your own tea party.
Have a super Sunday!