This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 11 October 2015

Relax & Unwind Canvas - FabScraps Tranquility Collection

Hello Everyone

It has been a HOOOOOT week in Johannesburg...everyday is above 30C.  Even this evening, I am siting here with the fan going and it's really hot! ;-)

I created a canvas a while back and I can finally share it with you! ;-) I used the fabulous Tranquility Collection from FabScraps. You can find the tutorial here!


I went with a retro feel to this canvas and it's a bit "tongue in cheek" with the title "Relax and Unwind". I don't suppose the ladies in the 50s and 60s had much of that, since they were forever in the kitchen! LOL


I fussy cut these blooms and layered them up, from the pieces below.


Here's a look at the top part of the canvas.


FabScraps do their own range of stencils, which I really like and you will see that I used one here too.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you had a scrappy Sunday! ;-)
Have a super evening!
Denise x

6 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah! Love the irony on this one! And it's pretty too:) win win in my book:) The flowers look really lovely.....I thought of you as I was FUSSY cutting again yesterday. Sighing. Wondering WHY I seem to end up doing so much when I really and honestly HATE it...anyways....we've got 29C here, today....seems that just as the rugby is getting hotter, so are we, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise what a great canvas! love the colour palette, so soft and warm! especially love those retro dresses on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...I love all the fussy cutting and the vintage feel of your canvas...way to go my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we don't have those temperatures here ! This is fabulous and before I even read your post Retro had jumped into my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad we don't have those temperatures here ! This is fabulous and before I even read your post Retro had jumped into my mind.

    ReplyDelete