This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 10 June 2012

Keep Calm and Take Time out to smell the Roses - Scrap Africa / MME Challenge

Hi Everyone

A whole week has passed since my last post! Believe me, it is not that I have not been scrapping or keeping myself busy, just that I am busy with projects that I cannot share right at the moment.
It is a very chilly day in Johannesburg and is perfect for sitting at my scrapping table and getting some creativity down on paper...

I do have a project that I can share with you, and is one I did for the Scrap Africa Challenge and also for MME June Challenge.

The Scrap Africa challenge was to do a layout with the title Keep Calm and ....... and the MME challenge was to do some fussy cutting...so I did a combination for both.

Here is my layout.


I used My Minds Eye Follow Your Heart papers and chipboards and the alpha lettering was Prima.

I had these pictures of Joe for a long time and really wanted to use them, and this layout was just perfect.

Here are some close-ups. In the last photo, Joe looks like he is pulling up his nose at the smell of the rose, but it was actually him pulling away because the rose petals had tickled his nose.
I actually love this rose and is one of the treasured one's in my garden.  It is always beautiful and it smells so fragrant too!




Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you are having a restful weekend...
Denise x

7 comments:

  1. I love the way you completed the "Keep Calm..." phrase! I also like the way you used all the mini alphas to spell out your title.

    Hope that those gorgeous summery photos warm you up a bit on this cold day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are stunning Denise :) Love how you matted them on the hexagon paper..it reminds me of bees and honeycombs :) Love the title! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, these photos are sooooo sweet. And the roses, gorgeous. I love your design and page. I am really into hexagons right now and love how you used them Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just became a follower of your blog and I love it!!!! Super sweet layout also!!!
    If you have a chance I would love for you to check out my blog!!!
    catscrapcreations.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that rose sure is pretty! Love the clean look of your LO! Thank you for sharing it with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, such sweet photo's! and I love the way scrapped it - so fresh and light!
    thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, so lovely creation! I love these papers! one of my favourites this year! the challenge theme is so perfctly coverered!
    oh, i think i love everything about this layout!

    thank you so much for playing with us at ScrapAfrica!

    ReplyDelete