This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 15 June 2017

Altered Box - BoBunny and Pentart

Hello Everyone
 
Apologies that I have been missing for a week.
My Son was writing exams and it was the first time that he had to write exams, so I had to assist and help and that took up quite a bit of my time.
Thankfully they are writing their last exams today and then there is 2 weeks of school and then holidays! We have made it! LOL
 
Anyways, I am sharing an altered box that I made.
I was inspired by Marta Lapkowska...she gave me some wonderful seeds of inspiration.
If you haven't checked out her blog or YouTube channel...then really do yourself a favour.
 
So here's the box.
 
 
I used BoBunny laser cut tags and adhered them to the box.
I then used Dekor Paints (Grey and Pink) from Pentart to paint the box and then still added some thick gesso for some white highlights.
 
Lastly I added some Pentart Chameleon wax and Antique wax paste.
 
 
I had taken a few photo's while I was making the box and one can really see the waxes...they really add a shimmery yet "oldy" and vintage feel to it.
I also think the tags add such gorgeous texture and detail to the box...almost like an Indian trinket type box.
 
 
I really do love how this turned out.
 
Well tomorrow is a Public Holiday here and so I am looking forward to a long weekend of relaxation and also some crafting.
 
Wishing you a fabulous day!
Denise x
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. This little box looks beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful box Denise! love the textures and colors! and it's a great ides to use tags for backgrounds! )))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a versatile artist Denise. Always trying something new and mastering it. Love the muted patina of this special box. I've not used waxes, but your work inspires me to look out for some at my LSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and A lovely piece to store treasures <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty! I have some of those tags and you're so right, the texture it gives the box is amazing, that would make such a beautiful gift too, great idea! xox

    ReplyDelete