This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Down to Earth Mixed Media Page - Rustique Collection Penellope Dee

Hello Everyone

I have certainly been missing in action on my blog, but gladly I am still here to tell the tale! ;-)
LOL
I have been super hectic and then I also took a few days off, during the school holidays, to spend with my son. Then I also got a really bad dose of the flu, which I am still trying to shake off too!

Anyways, I am sharing a real favourite page today, one I created for Penelope Dee, using the gorgeous Rustique Collection! ;-)

Here it is.


I had this idea to create the sunrise colouring and effect around the photo, which is exactly what this photo is about.  It was a beautiful sunrise at Redhill Farm, Limpopo Dec 2017.

So I used the gorgeous, tree chippies from Penelope Dee, a chipboard frame from Blue Fern Studios and some grassy and twiggy die-cuts, along with Paperartsy Infusions and distress oxides, to create the sun and the sunrise colouring.
I am such a fan of these beautiful "sprinkles"! LOL

I also used the Blackcurrant sprinkles to colour the title.


Here you can see the sun and the twiggy branches.  I used a circle die-cut and some paper to create my outline and then dabbed distress oxides in and around the sun. Then I added some more sprinkles and colouring.


Lastly I added some white splashes along the bottom section, just to lighten it slightly.


I really love how this page turned out.  It is definitely a favourite for me! ;-)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a fabulous day!
Denise x

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Denise, this is one of the most beautiful layouts I've seen!! Wow!! The colors are amazing!! I love how the trees fit perfectly with the picture!! This is truly spectacular and I love, love it!! I hope you are feeling much better soon. The flu is no fun :( Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is stunning Denise! You have captured the sunrise so beautifully! I love the gorgeous earthy tones and the yellow on those lovely chippie trees makes them stand out beautifully! I love this!!
    Hope you are feeling heaps better now and that life is getting back to normal for you! Have a lovely day! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are so incredible Denise! I just love the ethereal feel to this one and the beautiful colors. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow Denise! It's jaw off the floor time here! This is stunning, absolutely stunning. It reminds me so much of the sunrises we saw in Africa, with those beautiful trees silhouetted against the skyline. This is an all time favourite for me.

    ReplyDelete