I have quite a few FabScraps projects that I must share and so will be posting these over the next few days! ;-)
I used the Jungle Collection to create this mixed media page.
Here are some close-ups.
I also have a full tutorial below.
Patterned Paper: FabScraps Jungle Pattern C78 002; FabScraps Jungle Tropical Flowers C78 006,
FabScraps Tropical Pattern C78 008; FabScraps Jungle Forest C78 004
Stencil: FabScraps DS35 005 Jungle Twine
Stickers: Jungle Mist Vinyl Stickers ST78 002
Card Kit: Jungle Mist MC78 001A
Cardstock: Corrugated white; Brown; Watercolour paper
Stamps: Websters Jump Rope Background stamp; Impression Obsession Leaf Stamp
Die-cut: Brick pattern
3D Adhesive Foam
Pigment Ink – Jumbo Java, Niagara Mist, Hint of Pesto, Tea Leaves
Acrylic Paint: White and Citrus Ranger
Newspaper print Washi tape
Photo: 8cm x 10cm
Blue beads (small)
1 Cut the brown cardstock to 30cm x 30cm and distress the edges.
2. Cut the watercolour paper to 29cm x 29cm and distress the edges and ink with jumbo java.
3. Cut along the pattern lines, approx. a 10cm to 11cm width piece of paper, from the wavy side of the Tropcial Patterned paper.
4. Completely cover the back side of this piece with white glue and adhere to the centre of the watercolour paper, as per the layout photo.
5. Cut a piece of 7cmx14cm piece of the Jungle Patterned stripey paper and the same size piece from the Jungle Tropical Flowers paper.
6. Adhere the tropical flowers paper 6,5 cm down from the top of the page, on the left hand side of the wavy patterned paper piece. Adhere the stripey piece 8,5 cm down from the top of the page, towards the right hand side of the wavy patterned piece, overlapping the tropical flowers block.
7. Using the jungle stencil, gesso down the pattern lines, from top left down to bottom right, in a diagonal fashion. Allow this to dry.
8. Using your spray bottle, spray liberal amounts of water over your gesso areas. Add little drops of citrus paint onto these wet areas. Now spritz more water into these little drops of paint, so that it starts to run. Pick up your page and move the paint and water around, so that it runs in between your gesso stencilled areas. Allow this to dry.
9. Do the same process, as above, around the edges of the patterned paper.
10. Matt the photo with the corrugated white cardstock, tearing the edges for a rustic look.
11. Raise and adhere the photo to the centre of the 2 blocks of patterned paper.
12. Die-cut the brick pieces from the brown cardstock and randomly add little clusters around your photo, as per the photo layout.
13. Randomly stamp with the Websters background stamp along the edges of the patterned wavy paper with Niagara Mist pigment ink.
14. Randomly stamp with the leaf stamp, in the 2 different green shades of pigment ink, also along the edges of the wavy patterned paper.
15. Fussy cut some leaves and fronds from the Jungle Forest patterned paper. Raise and place these, in and around the photo, as per the layout photo.
16. Add crackle paste and glue to adhere the small blue beads, to the top left of the wavy patterned paper and the middle bottom of the photo. Scatter them, so that they are not solid blobs. Allow this to dry.
17. Add highlights to the edges of the bricks with white acrylic paint.
18. Cut the die-cut tag from the card kit in half. Ink the edges with Jumbo Java and adhere as per the layout photo. Tear strips of the Washi tape and place over these die-cut halves.
19. Stick the Adventure sticker onto white cardstock and trim. Use the leftovers to stick along the washi tape, creating layers.
20. Adhere the Adventure sticker to the top of the page and write some journaling on the bottom of the page.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a super evening!