Sorry for being missing in action for a few days.
I so love having my brother here and it's really so great to spend time with him and the family and sadly he left yesterday evening but now at least, my life can get some normality again! ;-)
I have some cards to share with you, from the soft and beautiful Serenity Collection from FabScraps.
Here is the first card.
I upcycled an old scarf to provide some softness for this card.
Patterned Paper: FabScraps C77 002 Cherished 2; FabScraps Harmony 2 C77 004
Journal Pack: MC77 001A
Blooms: 4 – 1 small, 2 medium sized and 1 large
Cardstock: soft teal and 2 greens
3D Adhesive Foam
Greeting Stamp & writing stamp
Pigment Ink – Versa Magic Sahara Sand & Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy
White Gel Pen
- Cut a piece of soft teal cardstock 30cm x 16cm and fold in half. Use Sahara Sand to ink all the edges.
- Use Sahara Sand pigment ink and the writing stamp to stamp from the top right towards the middle and from the bottom left towards the middle. Don’t use an acrylic block, but just press down with your fingers to stamp.
- Tear a 9cm x 16 cm from the stripey Harmony 2 patterned paper and ink the edges with Sahara Sand. The 9cm edges are straight and the 16cm edges are torn.
- Stick down this piece in the middle of the card, not gluing the torn edges completely to the edge, so that you can tuck some lace underneath, as well as turn up these torn edges.
- Fussy cut 3 envelopes from the journal pack elements, as well as some stamped circles and the butterfly circle and a small butterfly. Ink all the edges and arrange as per the photo. The 3 envelopes are raised with 3D foam.
- I recycled an old scarf for my lacey elements, but any petty lace will do and must be tucked under the torn edges of the stripey paper and glued in place.
- Stamp the sentiment with Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy on the writing side of the Harmony 2 patterned paper. I used a fairly white-ish part, so that my stamping would be clearly visible. Cut out the stamped sentiment and ink the edges with Sahara Sand.
- Use 3D foam to adhere the sentiment across the 3 envelopes.
- Place your blooms, on the right hand-side above the sentiment, layering them up. Also add the die-cut leaves, which have been highlighted with a white gel pen.
- Add some more lacey bits inbetween this cluster, for softness.
I also made a tag from this beautiful collection.
I had received this crocheted doiley in a prize pack and loved that it was the perfect fir for this tag.
Patterned Paper: FabScraps C77 006 Peaceful 2, FabScraps C77 002 Cherished 2
Stencils: FabScraps DS35 005 Jungle Twine
Journal Pack: MC77 001A
Blooms: 2 medium sized blooms, 1 green and 1 orange
Die-Cuts: 3 Ornate circular die-cuts, 1 very small (approx. 2cm diameter), small (approx. 6.5cm diameter) and 1 medium (approx. 10cm diameter)
Brown Pearls and a brown brad
White and cream lace
3D Adhesive Foam
Crocheted doiley – approximately 7.5cm diameter
Distress Ink – Tea-dye
Pigment Ink – Jumbo Java
- Cut a piece of white cardstock 11,5cm x 18cm and distress the edges and ink with tea-dye distress ink.
- Cut a rectangle 10.5cm x 16,5cm of Peaceful 2 patterned paper and distress and ink the edges, with tea-dye ink.
- Stick down this Peaceful 2 rectangle onto the cardstock.
- Place the Twine stencil over the entire tag and again, using tea-dye distress ink, ink over the entire patterned paper, ensuring a fairly even coverage of ink.
- Cut an ornate circular die-cut, approx. 10cm in diameter, from the Peaceful 2 paper, using the dragonfly side. Cut another smaller circle die-cut from the Cherished 2 paper.
- Ink the edges of these circles with tea-dye and then stick them down, the bigger one top left, just so that the left hand side of the circle just overlaps the left hand side of the tag. The smaller one, bottom right and slightly tucked under the larger one. The very small one, raise with 3D foam and tuck under the medium doiley, top left of the tag.
- Cut out the “Just for You” circle from the journal pack goodies and adhere, using the 3D foam to the centre of the larger doiley. Also add the crocheted doiley and secure with glue.
- Add the white lace, under the medium sized doiley and the cream lace for the tag holder, using the brown brad.
- Add brown pearls and layer blooms, as per the photo.
- Lastly stamp a “greeting” in the top right hand corner using Jumbo Java Pigment ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super, scrappy day!