I had to make a Birthday card for a friend of mine's boyfriend and so I used the Teens Collection from FabScraps, which was perfect for a masculine card.
Here's a closer look.
This stamped sentiment is a Penny Black stamp from a Birthday set I bought and is really one of the best purchases that I have ever made. I use these stamps every other day.
Here's how I made this card.
Patterned Paper: FabScraps #Teens C80 006 Togethering, FabScraps #Teens C80 007 Staycation, FabScraps #Teens C80 008 Hash Tag,
Journal Pack: FabScraps #Teens MC80 001A
Chipboard Remainder: Rectangle approx. 14cm x 6cm
Cardstock: White and black
Greeting Stamps – Bring on the Happy – Penny Black
Pigment Ink – Black
Die-cuts: stars and chevrons
White Gel Pen & Black koki pen
Washi Tape: Blue
Liquid Pearls: Chocolate
Black embossing powder
- Cut a piece of white cardstock, 15cm x 30,5 cm and fold in half.
- Cut a 13,5cm x 19,5 cm piece from the brick side of the Staycation patterned paper.
- Cut an 8cm x 18cm piece from the green side of the Togethering patterned paper.
- Stick the brick patterned paper piece onto the front of the card and outline the paper with a black koki pen.
- Stick the green patterned paper rectangle onto the brick paper, 2cm from the left edge of the brick paper. Outline this green piece with a black koki pen.
- Heat emboss the chipboard rectangle with the black embossing powder.
- Stick this down into the centre of the green patterned paper.
- Die-cut some stars from the stripey side of the Hash Tag patterned paper and some chevrons from the black cardstock.
- Use the star die-cut element from the Journal pack and outline this with a black koki pen.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the centre of this star die-cut element.
- Use double sided tape to stick down this star element in the centre of the embossed chipboard rectangle.
- Add the stars and chevrons and adhere to the card, as per the photo. Outline with a white gel pen.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you have a blessed Easter Sunday and are spending it with family and friends.