I recently did an art journal page, using Coffee Confessions from FabScraps.
I so enjoyed making this page and also really love how it turned out.
There are so many layers here, of paints, inks, gesso and papers. Each layer just adds another interest.
These patterned papers, with these cute doggies are just fabulous! ;-)
I love the sentiment. "All You Need is Love and a Cup of Coffee"
I have a step by step tutorial to share with you.
For This Project You Will Need:
• FabScraps Coffee Confessions Collection paper range : C103 008, 001, 002, 004
• FabScraps Stencil: DS085, DS047, DS039
• Tim Holtz Stencil: Coffee Stains
• Tim Holtz Stamp: Mixed Media
• BoBunny Stamp: Take Note
• Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Worn Lipstick, Iced Spruce
• Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Victorian Velvet, Weathered Wood
• Versafine Ink: Vintage Sepia
• White Gel Pen
• Grey Fineliner
• Distress Marker: Vintage Photo
• Dala Gel Medium
• Baby Wipes
• White Gesso
1. Fussy cut the various elements and words from the various patterned papers.
2. Using a baby wipe, spread Victorian Velvet distress paint over the art journal page. Once dry, add small amounts of the Weathered Wood and blend well with the baby wipe. Allow to dry.
3. Using the FabScraps stencil and Gathered Twigs paint, using a sponge dabber, stencil the wording randomly around the page. Allow this to dry.
4. Using the FabScraps stencil again and Antique Linen paint, using a sponge dabber, stencil the coffee pattern randomly around the page. Allow this to dry.
5. Using the Tim Holtz stencil again and Gathered Twigs paint, using a sponge dabber, stencil the coffee stains pattern randomly around the page. Allow this to dry.
6. Take a paint brush and cover the entire page with gel medium. Allow to dry.
7. Add stamping, using the BoBunny stamp and vintage sepia ink and then the Tim Holtz mixed media dot stamp with Worn Lipstick oxide. Stamp these randomly around the page.
8. Using the FabScraps grid stencil, add some Iced Spruce oxide stencilling around the page. Allow to dry.
9. Using the FabScraps stencil and gesso, stencil the Eiffel tower on the page, as per the photo. Allow to dry. Once dry, add some colour with Iced Spruce oxide ink and a sponge. Run the sponge over the edges.
10. Stick down the various fussy cut pieces and wording on the page, as per the photo.
11. Cover the gesso stencilling and the stuck down, fussy cut pieces with gel medium and allow to dry.
12. Use the grey fine liner to add detailing on the Eiffel tower.
13. Add shadows around the fussy cut pieces and Eiffel tower with the Vintage Photo distress marker. Use your finger to blend the colour into the background.
14. Use a white gel pen to add some highlights to the images and create the coffee steam from the cup.
15. All Done!
Thanks sooo much for stopping by!
I hope you found some time today for a coffee and some love! ;-)
Cheers for now