I really do love the new collection from FabScraps, called Memory Lane!
It really is just gorgeous! ;-)
I created a mixed media tag, with this stunning collection.
I have a step by step tutorial, which tells you how I created it! ;-)
For This Project You Will Need:
· FabScraps Memory Lane Collection paper range : MC105 001A – Card Kit
· FabScraps Stencil: DS089
· Ranger Manila Tag
· Grey and Purple Cardstock
· Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Iced Spruce, Peacock Feathers, Lucky Clover
· Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Weathered Wood
· Sizzix Thinlits Small Tattered Florals
· White Gel Pen
· White pearls
· White Gesso
· BoBunny die-cut: Darling Doily
· BoBunny pearlescent: Chocolate
1. Sizzix Big Shot Machine:
• Cut 3x the flowers and the twigs, from the purple and grey cardstock
• Make various sized flowers and assemble the flower layers with glue.
• Tweak all the petal edges with a tweezer and then add gesso for highlights
• Cut a doily with the BoBunny die-cut and stripey paper from the card kit
2. Using the Fabscraps stencil, an ink sponge and the distress paint, stencil 2 feathers on the manila tag. Dab the paint gently onto the tag, through the stencil. Allow this to dry.
3. Using a white gel pen, add outlines to the feathers to make them stand out.
4. Using the distress oxides, colour the manila tag, with the different shades. Use circular motions with an ink sponge. Spritz with a little water and allow to dry.
5. Cut away a 3rd of the doily and adhere it to the right-hand side, of the tag.
6. Fussy cut leaves, flower clusters and individual flowers from the floral, patterned papers and ink the edges with distress oxide ink. Add dimension to these flowers and leaves with a rounding tool and foam mat.
7. Using double sided tape, layer these leaves and flowers around the tag. Add some of the die-cut twigs into these clusters.
8. Add the handmade purple flowers to the central cluster. Add a pearl to the centres and highlight the edges with gesso.
9. Cut the “grateful” sentiment from the patterned papers, ink the edge with oxide ink and adhere to the tag.
10. Using the chocolate pearlescent, add some dots and detail to the fussy cut, flower centres.
11. All Done!
Here are some more close-ups.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I really hope you have a fabulous Monday!