This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Watermelon - 7 Dots Studio Jan Challenge

Hello Everyone

Apologies for not posting for a few days but we have had a problem with our telephone and data line, which is still not resolved but I at least today have another option!

So I will be brief....LOL and show you the page I created for the 7 Dots Studio January Challenge.



Appreciating the little things in life....

Here's my take.


I am really so pleased with how this page turned out and love that it's a real boy page! ;-)


This is my journalling and tells you the story of these photo's.  Joe certainly loves his watermelon!!
I love that I was able to capture this sweet moment and watch as the juices ran down his face and arms....it was adorable! These are certainly the moments that are really so special! ;-)


There is lots of paint, stamping, gesso and stencilling.


The chipboard is Blue Fern Studios...I really loved the honey comb bits and also the notebook edges...such super pieces.

Thanks for stopping by...
I really do appreciate the visits!
Have a super evening!
Denise x

17 comments:

  1. The way that you've echoed those hexagons and carried them through in different mediums is SOOOO cool. Sometimes you come across people who so clearly have such an amazing, editing eye for design. This is one of those times. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope u get your internet woes sorted quickly! NEW FAAAAVE!!!!!!!!! LOOOVE the colours & texture you've gotten on here - really beaut!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing boy page my dear
    Love the pics!
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise, I've been MIA for a few weeks; back now and trying to visit my favourite blogs. What a treat to see this joyous boy's page with the strong colours and great use of chipboard. Jo seems to have grown about 2 inches over the summer. Love the red and grey with the MM. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and a stunning layout. The colours actually say watermelon. You must be thrilled with this one !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is indeed a lovely boys page with a little hint of grunge.... I love watermelon too and reading what you wrote made me giggle - remembering exactly that... not an easy fruit to eat if you want to remain clean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Denise! really lovely colour combination, looks masculine and trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Live the funky and masculine feel of this one. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, I love it when I see 7 Dots Studio stuff in a totally modern layout!!! I just can't do it, but I admire people who make it! Lovely work, a stunner! Thanks for sharing it with us at 7 Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! Great design and I love those sweet photos....I really love it, wonderful journaling, I love that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lo!!! very yammy colors and photo!!! so fun! Thanks or sharing it with us at 7 Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are COMPLETELY rocking the boy pages Denise!! I have really enjoyed my blog snoop tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout! Great design and I like the photo) Thank you for playing at 7 Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout! So fresh and modern! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I forgot to say THANK YOU for playing along with us at 7 Dots LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a GREAT layout Denise! So funky, joyfull and energetic! LOVE it! :-)
    Thank You for playing at 7 Dots Studio challenge with us :-)

    ReplyDelete