This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 31 August 2018

Art Journal Page - Penelope Dee Wanderlust Collection

Hello Everyone

Apologies for being missing in action! ;-)
Life is just busy and I am crafting in the background but I don't always find time to sit infront of the pc and blog.

It is Friday and I really look forward to some more crafty time and hopefully can get to some of that blogging and project sharing too! ;-)

I did this art journal page a while back with the Penelope Dee Wanderlust collection.
I just loved these fabulous balloons.


There is a lot of texture on this page as I used a mapped background, which didn't lie as flat as I wanted it to and created texture! LOL...


I added another world map over this background, which was fussy cut from the patterned paper.


I also added stamping and then the gorgeous balloons and the sentiment.

I used distress oxides and acrylic paint to colour the balloons.

I really enjoyed this page, even the unplanned texture...
That's the nature of an art journal page...its ever evolving! ;-)

I hope you get some time to play this weekend...
Have a super one
Denise x

2 comments:

  1. This is so stunning!! I love the background!! The texture and colors are fabulous!! And what beautiful balloons!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Denise - hot air balloons always speak to me of travel and freedom. I'll always regret not taking the chance to float above the Masai Mara when we were there years ago. I hear you about the blogging part of creating!

    ReplyDelete