This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 1 September 2013

Aspang - CSI Case File no. 86

Morning Everyone

Happy Spring Day to everyone in the southern hemisphere! It is rather a chilly day here in Johannesburg, but the signs of spring are everywhere and the spring smells abound! ;-)

I had to skip a few CSI challenges, due to time constraints, but I am pleased that I was able to squeeze this weeks challenge in. The colours are so soft and gorgeous.



So here is my page.


Evidence: Scallops and Art Mediums
Testimony: Journalling about a City


My journalling is at the back of my page, as I did not want to compete the the writing on the background already. ;-)
My journallings says this:
Aspang is probably more a town than it is a city, but think it is one of the prettiest towns I will ever go to. This photo is at the centre of the town and is just beautiful in every way, with a stunning statue, beautiful gardens and beautiful surrounding shops and buildings too! It is quaint and so fabulously European.
Aspang is the home of the Mileder family and I will never forget how hospitable and friendly they were and how they opened their family to welcome ours.
We spent 2 and a half wonderful weeks in and around Aspang and enjoyed the 40C plus degrees of the fabulous summer weather!
We had the best time in Austria, and specifically Aspang, and I really do hope to visit it again in the future. Joe often asks "when are we going to Austria" again?" ;-)



I used Teresa Collins Summer Stories Collection, which had the perfect colouring and feel for this page! I punched the edges with a Martha Stewart punch and then did some chalking and stencilling with a fabulous Kaisercraft stencil. I outlined the chalking, which really gave it such a nice effect. The flowers used are Prima and no name brands.



Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a super Sunday!
Denise x

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout with pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout jumped right out at me in the CSI gallery. I love it. That vibrant photo and the matching layout make it a real stand out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photo and beautifully scrapped Denise! The colours are just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, this simply stunning! I like how you transferred the colors and the mood of your photo onto your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! The swirls in the corner, the flowers, and the pic all look stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how beautifully you've framed the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like these are super special memories, they are always the best ... and wow, it looks like a magical place. You're so lucky to visit and I do hope you can do so again in the future. A beautiful LO Denise... have a lovely weekend ..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo - the colours are just perfect for this challenge. Great layout - love your journaling, too, holding such fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Denise! so wish I had had time to play along too, these colours are breathtaking! Aspang looks like Austria or Bavaria, such a wonderful place by the look of the photo. xoxox

    ReplyDelete