This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 5 September 2013

Sweet Boy, Love You - SATW Sep Challenge / Prima PPP

Hi Everyone

It's Thursday already and this week seems to just have flown by!

I have a page to share with you for the SATW Sep challenge here! Its a real goodie.



I used both the dramatic colouring and the sketch as inspiration for my page.


I had some Prima Engraver paper and thought it would be perfect for this challenge, and so that is what I used! I used a Prima stencil and gesso for the entire background and then went and added some Copper embossing powder randomly. I really like how it turned out and will definitely use this technique again! (Thanks Kelly Foster for this little seed of inspiration! ;-))


Joe is now 6 and I really wanted to document how sweet he is at the moment! I mean, there are certainly "monster" moments, but at 6 I still can hug and squeeze and kiss him! He is really such a sweet boy!



I had finished this page yesterday, but could only photograph it today! I had to laugh when I saw the Prima PPP come out for September, and that this page fits perfectly for that as well!

Thanks all for stopping by!
Hope you have a super evening!
Denise x

22 comments:

  1. Wow, you rock!
    love this page, specially the colors
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. this page is absolutely lovely Denise!! thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Around the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout. I love your background and the dimension you created. Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic page Denise ! Very "dynamic" with how you have created your background and I love all those beautiful layers under your photo. Thanks so much for taking on and embracing our "bold" challenge at Scrap Around The World this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Love the tones you have used with the contrasting black and white! WTG!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are amazing Denise! Such a cool technique. Beautiful page! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful background. Gorgeous work Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning page Denise, that copper embossing powder looks so striking against the colours... wow factor plus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great work, love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning effect with that scattered embossing powder. Fabulous layout Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your page Denise and your flowers are so nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning!thanks for joining us at Scrap around the World

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow....love that embossing powder and the boldness of the page in general...Super cute photo of your darling son too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love your background! Very inspiring! Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh! do I love or do I love the effect of that embossing powder, luscious!! He is such a cute little man your son, gosh 6 years old already! Wonderful bits and bobs. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow this is gorgeous. I haven't gotten to mine yet :( love the photo of Joe too... amazing work with the embossing powder...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic piece Denise, what a sweet boy and gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great page! Love the colors!

    Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your choice of background paper, it really makes the page!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SUCH A CUTE PAGE!!!!Thank you so much for sharing this with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally I get to comment & Blogger eats it!!! Sod's law!!!! Was just saying what a cute page this was & how I am so sorry that I have been such a lousy blog commenter this last month & what a gem you are to stick by me nonetheless ♥ xoxo

    ReplyDelete