This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 10 September 2013

So Lucky to have Each Other - OUAS Sep Challenge

Hi Everyone

I am sitting here listening to my favourite songs at the moment, while I write this post! Oh man, what would life be without music!!!! I am just loving Phillip Phillips....isn't he just super!! ;-)

Anyways, I have a page to share with you for the Sep OUAS challenge.


Journalling Theme: "Lucky"

So here's my take on it.


I really wanted to do some watercolours on the background and make it a bit of a grungy page. So I experimented and was happy with the result! Gesso, watercolours and lots of stamping!


I used MME Indie Chic papers, stickers and chippies and stamps! Along with that I used a Kaisercraft stencil, Basic Grey chippies, a Bo Bunny stamp, Prima and Petaloo flowers.


My page is about these 3 children that are cousins! I have done some pages in the past about these 2 girls, that Joe is so lucky to have! They are more like his sisters than his cousins and the 3 spend a lot of time together! The girls are patient and tolerant of him and really look out for him! He really does love these girls and is always eager to spend time with them! I am so pleased that they have each other and I hope that this closeness will continue into adulthood!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope you have a happy Tuesday!
Denise x

17 comments:

  1. Aw, your Joe is lucky to have such wonderful cousins. What a sweet page! The colorful, artsy background really suits the theme of childhood friendship (cousinship?? I think I just invented a word!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, this is just gorgeous!! Love the large blue splats!! Love the story about your son and his cousins. Thanks for joining us for the September Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for posting your LO on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun, experimental page Denise. You must be pleased with your venture into arty stuff. I love the extension of the tree with the stencil...Jo is a lucky boy to have cousins to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW absolutely adore this page Denise, your background work is amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome page!!! I really really love your fun background!! So glad you joined us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi D, First of all I agree with you about Phillip Phillips - he does have a good voice but who the hell names their kid that.... dumb parents... like North West... :P
    Anyway I love this layout. The colours are perfect, the design is beautiful and that photo of Joe and his cuzzies is too cute. That is a wonderful bond :D
    Thanks for Playing Along with us and at OUAS Please do not forget to upload your layout to Our FB Page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Once-Upon-A-Sketch/150044095058422?ref=hl
    for your Chance to be in the draw for our monthly prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, and the way the children are in the photo is so nice... love your arty style and colouring Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool page! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun layout, I like the colors and how it matches with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! All your details are exceptional fun, love the splatters and great mix of colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love the paint work and colours on this one Denise! the big blue splats are perfect! I have so many cousins but no close relationship with anyone, so wish they lived closer to me. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful layout with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Denise! That photo is precious! Love the splashes of color! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool is this!!!!!!!!!!! The splats and circles look amazing....so fun! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your mixed media work. Awesome splats. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Love ithe paint on the background! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love this page! So bright and colorful and so much to see. Love the masking and the paint splatters on top! Great photo. Love the stenciling over the papers. Just a really great page! I am a new follower! maybe one day you could visit and see what you think would love a new scrappy friend! All the best!
    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete