This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 15 September 2013

Spring - Scrap Africa Challenge no.21

Hi Everyone

Don't you also find that weekends are sometimes so jam-packed, because you are trying to get everything done that you don't have time for in the week? Man, oh man, sometimes I really just wish that the weeks were 4 days and the weekends 3 days! 2 days on the weekend, just never seems to be enough!! ;-)

There is a new sketch challenge up at Scrap Africa here, and it's about using washi tape and twine on a project.

Here's my take on it.


I really wanted to do a page about Spring, as it has just come so quickly this year and I am soooo pleased! Actually the temps are more like summer...so if this is anything to go one, then the summer should be nice and hot!


It's been a while since I did a page, where there were no patterned papers used! But I am really pleased with the result, as I really did want a Spring fresh page!

Here is a close-up of my journalling below.


I did some embossing on my chipboard frame, after I had first gessoe'd it, and love how it turned out.


Supplies used:
My Minds Eye washi tape, Twine, Die-cuts, Stencils, Gesso, Ink, Petaloo flowers, leaves and Donna Salazar chipboard Alpha's!

Thanks for stopping by!
I wish you a super Sunday!
Denise x

13 comments:

  1. Hi Denise! I absolutely love every inch of this amazing, beautiful, and very creative page. I especially love how you highlighted the gorgeous photo with your awesome frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your soft stencilled background. Gorgeous colours. I don't even want to start buying washi...because it is guaranteed to become another obsession ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Sweet, sweet image and love that it pops among the soft pink background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft and pretty...you did well without any patterned paper...it keeps the focus on the beautiful photo....Love the embossed frame....We had a few spring like days here, but now we are plunged back into dark, rainy wintery days...Perfect for scrapping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore what you created for this challenge! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful... the washi is so pretty... took me a while to realise that is what it was :) The frame around that beautiful photo is perfect and I love the flower cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just like Val says, I didn't realize the pretty coral pink pattern is actually washi. Looks sooo pretty! It's something about the colours you have used that makes me want to sit and just look and look at your page. The photo and the cluster, that embossed frame and the delightful background work. This is one gorgeous page Denise!! Thanks a million for all the wonderful wonderful love you left on my blog! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness isn't this lovely!! Love that washi - best washi ever! The frame makes the photo really pop! Beautiful design too! What a brilliant layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is so pretty, and the washi tape looks so cool ... gorgeous image Denise, beautiful blooms. Your floral arrangement is stunning too .. love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is a gorgeous fresh Spring layout Denise! It's amazing that you haven't used any patterned papers to achieve this. I love the beautiful frame and the photo is stunning!
    Lol! I think the weekends should be 5 days and the weeks only 2. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so pretty Denise! I love all the texture and misted background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh! Denise, this is sooooooo pretty! Your bloom cluster matches the photo perfectly! And how yummy is that chipboard treatment! I need to get my embossing powders out!

    ReplyDelete