This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 29 March 2013

Beautiful - March Prima PPP / Birthday Card

Hi Everyone

It has been quite a hectic week, but thankfully today is another public holiday, Good Friday, and it's a beautiful day in Africa!

Today is also my sisters birthday and so today we will spend time with the family and enjoy each others company!

So to start with, here is a card I made for her.


I used My Mind's Eye Indie Chic papers and a Scrap FX chippie, which I painted and crackled, with some crackle medium.

Then I also finished my entry for the March Prima PPP, which is all about the various shades of greens and teals.  Now admittedly, I do not have a lot of green Prima papers...so I went with the Prima Sparkling Spring collection and a few bits from the Nature Garden Collection.

Here is my page.


I did quite a bit of fussy cutting and then also used a beautiful Design Worx frame, with some die-cute pieces and Prima flowers. I also kept my gesso wall on the background white.

Here are some close-ups.


I wanted to keep the layout crisp and clean and so went with white, as well as the different shades or greens and teals.



Okay, well whatever you are doing today, I hope you have a super day.  If you are celebrating Easter or Passover, happy blessings to you and your families!

Have a super day!
Denise x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Denise - wishing you and your family a lovely Easter break x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The colours in this layout are amazing and I alove the chippie frames! Gorgeous layout Denise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and LO. Love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pair of lovely projects here. The card is so delicate & feminine, and the LO makes great use of white space and the fancy frame. Have a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blending of greens and teals Denise. It creates a fresh, spring like feel to the page. Love the crackled chippie on the card. Happy Easter to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soothing page with the cool tones. Cracked chippy so cool. Happy birthdat to your sister I am sure she will be over the moon with her lovely card ... Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely and your detailed work on the layout is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card & awesome layout - gosh that chippie frame is swoonworthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beeeautiful colours my friend!! as Helen says, that chippy frame really is something! Such pretty projects both of them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete