This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Oh so Pretty - Scrap Around the World - August Challenge

Hello Everyone

It's Wednesday and I am looking forward to spending some time at home today.  I have a lot of scrappy things to do and hopefully I can get a lot done today.

I have finished a page for Scrap Around the World August Challenge


I loved this mood board by Marilyn. If anyone knows me, they will know I love clothes and shoes...and those shoes are just amazing! I love the little roses and little vines....wow...so different and beautiful. So this picture and the colouring was the inspiration for my page. I also incorporated the sewing theme into my page.


I used the beautiful Primrose collection from BoBunny along with the cute Stitches stamps from BoBunny.
The layout is called "Oh so Pretty" and my journalling says this: "There is no better attire on a lady, than her most beautiful smile! These young ladies are perfectly attired!" 

My sister had made these dresses for them, as they were flower girls at my cousins wedding. They really were so pretty and were the perfect young ladies!


I also incorporated some ribbon and pearls....as this is definitely all part of dress making and sewing.


I used a really pretty diecut for the matting of the photo. It's the first time I have used this diecut and love how intricate it is.


I added some butterflies, hearts and a little bling! All perfect for young ladies! ;-)

I am so proud of these girls...they are so beautiful inside and out!

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a super day!
Denise x

18 comments:

  1. So beautiful Denise! These girls are very pretty:) I love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hinges on the other page...now beautiful flower circles on this .....sooooo striking .....LOOOVE your very individual creative take on the challenge:):))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful Denise! love the design, the photo and all the circles in the background...great take of the moodboard...Thanks for playinf at Scrap Around The World! xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A glorious page Denise...love the fussy cutting of the Bo Bunny paper and the MM cascading down. The brown die cut works well with their little baskets and they look so sweet. A very pretty page. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful page!lovethe design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful layout and I love your interpretation of the mood board. The girls do look beautiful and I just love that die cut it did come out well... Love the strips going down too and the stencil. All looks amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful !!! I like the color, details and photos! Thank you for playing with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how little girls love to be flowergirls! This is a stunning page Denise and I can see how much love & work has gone into the details. A beautiful colour scheme, gorgeous young ladies, the flowers & vine....sigh.....I just love everything about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise this is just packed with gorgeousness from the precious photo to the wonderful design paper you have used. You are just soooo talented.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Denise! Your layout is gorgeous! I love the design!
    If you could still add a link to our challenge blog - it would be awesome, thanks :)
    And thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Denise this is just spectacular!! Thanks for playing at SATW!! This looks like it must have taken you all day. What a masterpiece ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely Gorgeous....LOve all the details Denise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Denise! Your background is incredibly beautiful and creative! Love the texture and mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a sweet photo and really elegant page :) thanks or playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, this is so intricate! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning. I love the way everything drapes downwards. Lovely ladies in the photo! great choice for this Mood Board! Beautiful doily die and fabric leaves? Love it all! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow amazing page Denise!!! I love the balance and the symmetry on this page, great details and design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful girls! Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Around The World !!

    ReplyDelete