This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Today - Prima August BAP

Hello Everyone

August is almost over and September almost here! This means Spring is certainly on it's way and the sweet evening Jasmine scent is definitely an indication! ;-)

I have completed a page for the Prima August BAP and the sketch was really so fabulous.  I fell in love with it when I saw it.

BAP Jennifersketch

I really wanted to stay quite close to the sketch, to really keep that design, and so went with clean and simple to create my page. I really had to put on the brakes, so that I did not keep adding or doing more! ;-)

Here's the result.


I am really happy with how it turned out. For the background I just did some stamping and then used a stencil and some spritz for the swirls.


I had bought a gorgeous die-cut and had been dying to use it.  It is most surely my favourite die-cut at the moment.


I used the Almanac Collection, which has some wonderful little images that could be fussy cut.


Here is a close-up of the spritzed swirls and the background stamping.


Lastly, here is a shot of my journalling.

I know that you have seen the photo before, but I had printed 2 of the same photo to use on my previous BoBunny Kraft Bag layout, but it did not work out.  So I had this photo and it was the perfect size for this page!  So thought "what the heck" and used it again! ;-) Waste not, want not! ;-)

Thanks for stopping at my little patch today!
I hope you have a super day!
Denise x


8 comments:

  1. Why not, eh? It's a lovely photo -deserves 2 pages at least:):) Looove how this page is so different to the BB one, too....once again your flower clusters just grab me...I'm sooo bad at flowers...looove seeing them used as they should be! And that spray swirl....brill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise it's a beautiful photo - so if YOU want to use it 2, 3, 10 times - why not? I don't like use the same photos of mine, but if I like the photo very much - use it several times ))))
    amd this layout so stunning and beautiful! love how you use th alphabet stripes from Almanach collection! great idea, so think I have to lift it! )))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sketch too. I think it was good to keep your layout CAS. Really shines. Love the background swirls they look fabo. Nothing wrong with using the same photo :) If you have got it flaunt it :D I think this is one of my fave layouts :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work--simple is good.

    Enjoy the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Denise....awesome die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning layout!! Please, please please let me know where you got that die-cut - I presume you mean the lovely leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the autumn hues and what you did with the circles, my favourite shape.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete