This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 20 April 2014

Life - Scrap Around the World April Challenge

Hello Everyone

Today was the perfect day! Perfect weather, perfect company and a perfect lunch! Just a beautiful and gorgeous day! ;-)

I finished a page for the Scrap Around the World April Challenge. This is the stunning mood board below by Riikka Kovasin.



I know that it's not a colour challenge, but I really did love the colours of the board, as well as the crackled little board and the beatiful butterflies. So these were the things that I incorporated into my page.
The thoughts on life were also inspiration and hence the theme of Life (and thoughts) for my page.


I did a lot of work on the background and really enjoyed playing with the different techniques etc. I will show you a close-up below, which gives you an idea of the crackle, stamping and paints.


I really dove into my stash and used some rub-ons and goodies, that I have had for ever and a day! ;-) So I really pleased about that.


I used the Vintage Chic collection from Heidi Swapp, which is still one of my favourite collections.


Just in front of the big butterfly is a chipboard and this is actually my pullout for my journalling tag. That's why I also have the little "Note to Self" rub-on there...


I often hear of people whose lives are really so short, for whatever reason, and again this week it was a reminder to me, that life is precious and everyday is a gift! So this is what this page is about!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a super evening!
Denise x

22 comments:

  1. Love this and the background is amazing... Beautiful pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours, wise thoughts and such a beautiful, thoughtful photo of you. Lovely layout altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Denise....love the MM background , all the layers, the colours, the cluster, the beautiful photo and your thoughts....Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful photo of you Denise. I love the colours of the mood board too and it's lovely to see what you have done with them. Wonderful layering here to provide interest and texture for the MM. I love the "Note to self" indicating where the journalling can be found. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this is perfect!
    Love each detail my dear
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful page Denise. Really love this one! Thanks for playing at SATW again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Denise! This is superb! I love the layering and the mixed media touches, so wonderful! Thank you for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This page is super-gorgeous, and I can tell that you put your heart and soul into it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pretty photo of you, Denise! And you scrapped it so beautifully. Your layabout is scrapped to perfection, my friend! I also want to thank you for your wonderful visits to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page Denise! I love all the layers and texture. The torn edges are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such an awesome page. You did wonders with the beautiful colours of the mood board and your background makes that lovely photo stand out even more. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous job on the background! You really made the best of that mood board! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the layers on Your page. The backgroung looks fantastic too. Thanks for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful! Love the combo and fabulous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. An awesome creative take on the inspiration board.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely picture of you and I see even your top coordinates with the colours of the mood board. I think all the colours , textures, sentiments and flowers are terrific

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - this is GORGEOUS! Loving your layers and painting! Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your background is beautiful. Your page is rich in colour, layers and texture. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colors, all the layers, the photo and everything!! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chiming in with the other ladies Denise! The background really is fantastic, gotta love the colours too! Beautifully created! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning layering, so much variation, your creativity is endless! Thank you for joining our play at SATW!

    ReplyDelete