This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Friday 28 March 2014

Live, Love The Good Life - OUAS March Challenge

Hello Everyone

Hey, hey it's Friday! I am so pleased that Friday has finally come and hopefully I can get a little chance at a breather.

I am managing to squeeeeeze in this page, just a few days before the deadline! ;-)

Journalling Theme: be inspired by this quote..




You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 



Here is my take on it.


I chose to use this really cute picture of Joe, because it fits so perfectly with the theme.  There is a journalling card behind the photo, which says this, and is written in letter form to my son.

Dear Joe
"You only live Once, But if you do it right, Once is Enough"
"To do anything truly worth doing, I must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in with gusto and scramble through as well as I can" - Og Mandino
So jump my boy, jump!
Enjoy every moment of the journey and don't let opportunities pass you by!
This life is everything you make it!
Love Mommy xxxxx


I used Fancy Pants Designs the Good Life collection. These papers are just so super.


I really played with the background, gesso, inks, paints, stamps, watercolours....LOL...a good mix! ;-)


I really enjoyed creating this page and the result was cool.

I hope you get some scrappy time this weekend...
Have a super one!
Denise x

16 comments:

  1. Perfect title for this page, because your son looks so filled with joie de vivre in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Denise, there y'go again doing a STUNNING page...I just adore those strips of paper under the pic, & the circled circles in the bg....fabulous! Thanks sooo much for sharing this with us at OUAS....love it:) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely awesome!! Such a lively layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background and what a great shot of Joe, you've made ​​a beautiful creation again.

    hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning layout and wonderful advice for Joe. Love the fearless photo and your sweet words to him. Great background work and the papers are lovely. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Denise. Great layers and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound advice from a Mother to a Son and a fantastic action shot of your boy….I love the strips underneath and the MM….another super page Denise :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! You nail it every time! So fabulous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this page! The layers and stamping are fantastic and I love the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise, this is such an fabulous boy layout and amazing message to your son!! Love your mixed media work and layering on your background. I’m so glad you have joined us for the March Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely vibrant layout & I love the proportions of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise, Congratulations on your fabulous LO being featured on the Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely one of you best. A GREAT layout Denise , fabulous background. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOve this Denise....love the MM background, the strips , the fun photo and wonderful journaling.

    ReplyDelete