This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 15 March 2014

You - Challenge no.27 Scrap Africa - Stars and Stitching

Hello Everyone

We have a new challenge up ate Scrap Africa and it's about Stars and Stitching.
We also have some super prizes up for grabs, so please pop along and have a look.

Here is my page for the challenge.


I used the fun and fabulous BoBunny collection Zip-A-Dee-Doodle Collection.


One Saturday afternoon Joe was playing in the front garden with Stella, our helper, and by the end of it, Joe and the dogs were soaked.  He came and sat down on the steps in the sun to dry off and I took this photo of him.  In that moment I was just thinking of where he might be in the future and where this cute boy might go. So this page was created...wishing him to Reach for the Stars - Do What you Love - Dream - Imagine and Create.


I did some sewing as well as hand stitching on this page.


I really love this page and how it turned out. Even the stars that are matt and shiny in some places, are perfect that way.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super, scrappy day!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Wonderful colors and background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The zigzag and stars look so cool.....makes this have an alive, electrical feel to it! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixed media background is beautiful, I love all the texture. Your son is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I look at pictures of your Son it makes me think of my daughter at this age. It seems like one day they are young and the next all grown up. Love the background , the paper choice and the stars.
    Its also good to see young people enjoying the outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great take on the challenge Denise. Love the stars, the BoBunny stamp and the blue zig zags. What a sweet boy, you have; is that a graze I spy on his left knee?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the challenge! the stars and the chevrons, the bold blue - everything looks just wonderful! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect boys layout and again I love those papers. I think BB is one of my fave ranges ever. I think I have them all :P Lovely photo of Joe... love this one seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome boys page! Love the colours in this collection and the way you've layered the papers under the photo. Great looking chevrons on the background too!

    ReplyDelete