This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

We found a Little Piece of France in Africa - BoBunny The Avenues - SWAT Drill #27

Hello Everyone

You may have thought I had disappeared, but I have just been really busy with some DT projects and stuff that I can't share right now, but will do in the near future.

I created a page using the fabulous The Avenues from BoBunny, which is really still one of my favourite collections. I am entering it for Drill #27 at SWAT, as it fitted perfectly with their mixed media challenge.


I love how this page turned out and is really one of my favourite pages, that I have made in the past while.


I used a Prima stencil and watercolour pencils for my background, along with some white paint and brown pigment ink.


I wanted to keep the look very French, and so there was a lot of distressing and ageing.


The title talk about Joe and my little getaway last September to Petit Provence at the coast. It really was such a beautiful and serene B&B and so very French in every way.  It is run by a South African Jacques and his French wife, Fanny.


The photo just tells of a French Affair! ;-)

Thanks so much for popping by!
I really do love and appreciate your visits!
Have a super evening!
Au revoir!
Denise x

11 comments:

  1. Stunning page Denise! just love the way you did the brick wall background! cant take my eyes off of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page my dear
    the texture on the back is gorgeous
    xoxo
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect getaway Denise. Your page has the look of Provence with the rustic bricks and the weathered flourish. It could be a travel brochure….beautiful work :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!!!!!!!! This is just beautiful! I love your background.....looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb background! Thanks for sharing with us at SWAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does look very French. What a wonderful find. Love the photo and the brick adds a wonderful rustic feel. A beautiful layout and I think it is one of my faves too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background work. So vibrant. Stunning page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous. I love, love the brick look. Thanks for linking up at SWAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one too! Also one of my faves!! Love all the texture & how free you were with all the paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning!! I just love what you did with this! Thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete