This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 13 March 2014

Sunshine - Berry71Bleu Luck of the Irish Challenge

Hello Everyone

Today I post again, from an overcast and chilly Johannesburg! I wish I knew what has happened to our summer!!

I have a page up at Berry71Bleu for the Luck of the Irish Challenge hosted by Cathi.  It is really a super challenge.



So here is my page.


The wording is an Irish Blessing. 

For each petal on the shamrock
Good Health, Good Luck and happiness
This brings a wish your way
For today and everyday

I have a little poem tucked into the little folder which is also an Irish blessing.

May your joys be as deep as the oceans
Your troubles as light as it's foam
And may you find sweet peace of mind
Wherever you may roam

So this page is really about me telling them that I always wish many good and happy things for them and hope that they will always be blessed with everything good too.


I did some gesso stencilling and water colouring on my background and then also did some stamping.


I embossed the ornate photo corner with copper embossing powder and then added some pearls.


I used Graphic 45 papers and accents, which were perfect for this theme.

I hope you have been a little inspired and perhaps will play along with our challenge! Perhaps even a little Irish luck finds you winning one of the gorgeous prizes up for grabs! ;-)

You have until 31 March to upload your projects.

Have a super evening!
Denise x

7 comments:

  1. Hi there Denise , love all the layers that are featuring in the Irish themed challenge.I especially like that flourish on the corner of your photo and the way you did your journalling. I just had another look at your photo and I see the girls hair matches the inspiration picture ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous Denise! I love your layouts and this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty page with the lavender and green colours. Your clusters look wonderful, leading the eye into the softness of the gesso. A sweet photo and lovely quote, make this a standout for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bouquet you have in the photo. Such a lovely combinations of colours, and I think that poem is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page, Denise! I love the photo so much and your background looks amazing. Also, your poem is just perfect here! Thank you so much for sharing this Irish page for all of us. Being 1/2 Irish, I absolutely love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful my friend...your clustering is awesome. Love everything about this page...and the Irish blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow Denise! this is a perfect page! the photo and all the beautiful layers and details go so beautifully together. Love that poem too! and the corner flouris yummie yummie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete