This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Happy - OUAS January Challenge

Hello Everyone

I hope that you have started the year on a very positive note and that these few few days of 2014 have been good one's. So far, this year has been good and I am a happy chappy! ;-)

I am sharing my page with you for the OUAS January Challenge.

Journalling Theme: "Lesson learnt..." 

You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 

Here is my take on it.


I have really been getting stuck into my stash and so I was pleased to use these gorgeous Crate Papers and accents.



This is my little journalling card behind my photo and tells you about my Happiness learn. This has certainly not always been an easy learn and sometimes I still need to remind myself of this little fact. 


I used some Petloo flowers and leaves, along with some chipboard pieces for my clusters.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super evening!
Denise x






15 comments:

  1. beautiful layout!! Love the bright and beautiful colors you used!! Thank you for joining us at Once Upon A Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful photo of you Denise and I soooo agree with your journalling about happiness. It took me a while to learn this life lesson, but it's absolutely true. Love the woodgrain background and the stencilling. The petaloo flowers tie it all together perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the hidden journaling and the flower clusters. The mixed pattern title is so fun! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page my dear and a great lesson learnt and a true one!
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that's so pretty, and I LOVE the hair to. mine looks kind of boring after looking at some of the others up already.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right only we control our happiness. Another beautiful vibrant layout. Love the rich colours and that beautiful photos... just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I like this! I think it's the colours & the way you've used them & the patterns in the 'Happy' title....GREAT lesson in there, too - & you're right, it ain't always easy!!! Thanks so much for going in this month's OUAS challenge:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your beautiful page! And the message behind it! Yes, finding happiness is not always easy . . . . Thank you, Denise, for sharing this wonderful post with all of us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your page Denise. It conveys happiness. The title with its different patterns are particularly striking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous colours & beautiful clusters....love it!
    Fabo take on the OUAS challenge, Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your page Denise, it gives me a kind of happy feeling with those colors, thanks for joining in at Once Upon A Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout Denise! Love the chevron textured background and fancy butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a gorgeous page, Denise!! I just adore the splattered chevrons and what a lovely photo of you!! That is such a wonderful lesson to grab hold of and our entire life perspective changes when we manage to accomplish it! Not always easy to do though, is it? I adore your journaling tag in your own hand!! Thanks for joining us for the January Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your LO on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice work, Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bright and interesting layout! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete