This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Life - Scrap Africa Challenge no.25

Hello Everyone

We have a fabulous new challenge up at Scrap Africa, we are keeping it green and the challenge is to use something recycled on your project.

The Design Team really created some amazing projects. So pop along and see what they did.
But here is the page I created.


My background page is a page from an old calendar (year 2000) and the leaves, butterfly, book and chair are fussy cut bits from this calendar too. I have kept this calendar all this time, because I just knew that I had to recycle something so beautiful.


In keeping with my "One little Word" for this year, I wanted to re-inforce and really start living this word, and so this page is very much along those lines. My journalling says: I am content that I love you and you love me. I love that we spend time together and that we can laugh, joke and be happy together. I am always so content when you are beside me.  I am content that we have everyday moments and special moments together. I love these moments of my life!


I have used a few papers and bits from the fabulous new Art of Life Collection from Kaisercraft. These colours fitted in perfectly with my calendar. The flowers are Prima and I went with the blue, to pick up the colouring from Joe's shirt.


I used quite a few stamps on my background from 7 Gypsies and Chiswick. I also did some gesso stencilling, which I very subtley inked and kept the colouring soft.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I really appreciate and love your visits!
Have a super evening.
Denise x

11 comments:

  1. Wow amazing, I loved your recycled calendar
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty page denise, i love that you used the old calendar as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An inspired use of recycled paper; it makes a lovely, subtle background for your photo and for you word of the year. I like the clusters of blue scattered throughout :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love how you've used an old calendar to create your layout Denise! Such a clever idea and an amazing layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful challenge and you use of your recycled item is so creative! Your layout is absolutely beautiful, Denise. Thank you so much for your well wishes for my mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great take on challenge, loving the background, everything looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking page Denise. You really did an awesome work at recycling and I love how the blue flowers pop on the muted background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just absolutely beautiful! Love the neutral colors and design here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I love how you reused an outdated calendar - what a clever way to recycle! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super page!:) I thank for nice comment and wishes. In 2014 year all good! I salute!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of using an old calendar, except you buy prettier ones then i perhaps i should keep that in mind next year ;) This page is a wonderful page which expresses the bond between mother and child. I love it.

    ReplyDelete