This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 2 February 2013

Love - CSI Case File no. 57

Hi Everyone

2 posts in one day!!! Yeee haaa!!!
I was so excited and thrilled to be asked by Debbi to be a Special Investigator at CSI for the month of February! It is really such an honour and I jumped at the chance to be a part of this journey for this coming month. So you can imagine that for the last month, I have been scrapping up a storm in the background! ;-)

Here is the Case File.



I created this page to celebrate a special, family event 2 years ago.


Evidence: Hearts, Flowers, Leaves
Testimony: I am documenting a love story and hearts added to my journalling spot.


This layout is about 2 people finding each other, after both getting divorced and not being spring chickens anymore. My father in law got married again on 19 Feb 2011 and we were so pleased that he found happiness again and is truly loved and cared for.


The journalling spot is the words that my new Mother in Law read to him and is very special to them...and since this layout is for them, I wanted to use her words: Across the years, I will walk with you, In deep green forests, On shores of sand; And when our time on earth is through, In heaven too You will have my hand!


Let's have a closer look.




I will make a list of the materials used, as it is a mix and match of note! ;-)

Echo Park Victoria Gardens Papers and stickers
Design Work circle chipboard and vine chipboard
Petaloo Flowers
Making Memories chipboard hearts
Basic Grey flower stamp
Prima background stamp
Lace and pearls

Well thanks again, for your visits and comments!
I truly appreciate them all!
Have a scrappy afternoon!
Denise x

15 comments:

  1. such a beautiful LO, Denise! love the colors and all the pretty embellishments! it all looks so bright and happy! and the story of your in laws is very special - I am sure they will love what you created for them! enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sveta! Have a super weekend too! ;-)

      Delete
  2. De woorden van je schoonmoeder heeft me ontroerd het zo mooi om op latere leeftijd toch het geluk te vinden, je hebt je layout heel mooi opgebouwd en het past precies bij het onderwerp. en je hebt het verdiend om als Special Investigator voor CSI te mogen ontwerpen ik heb de afgelopen tijd heel veel layouts zien voorbij gaan bij CSI en je valt elke keer weer in de prijzen. Ik hoop dat je deze kan lezen ik heb het allemaal in het nederlands geschreven.

    Een fijne weekend.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baie dankie Tina....baie dankie vir jou mooi woorde...ek waardeer dit regtig! Lekker naweek vir jou ook! x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous page! I love all the stamping and the pop of teal. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous romantic page! I love that frame around your photo, the pearls are the perfect little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful words! Such a special layout Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful love story Denise. Such lovely words and a wonderful layout. Congrats on being a SI at CSI. Job well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout and congratulations... going to be a wonderful ride :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a truly beautiful layout and a stunning memory. I love the words your MIL read out on the occassion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning layout, for such a special occasion Denise... I always enjoy seeing all your lovely details.
    Also, so thrilled to be on the Zeus and Zoe DT with you!!! Congratulations to you Denise...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty! I love the sweet details..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being asked to be a special investigator for CSI. It was an honor for me too, and so unexpected. Your layouts are very intricate, layered, and so well designed,
    P.S. Thanks for your recent comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Denise :*
    It's wonderful, that we are together at CSI :D
    Your page is beautiful!!!
    I love the bright and juicy colors and a floral composition :))
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special layout Denise - and congrats!

    ReplyDelete