This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 26 October 2013

Summer - Sketchbook365 November Sketch Challenge

Hello Everyone

I hope that you are having a super Saturday and hopefully finding a little bit of scrappy time too.

This morning we went to Joe's Grade 1 Information Day. I cannot believe that my son will be in Grade 1 next year.  It seems like a moment ago he was still a baby and now he will be starting school. The time just seems to pass so quickly!!!

Anyway, I have a page to share with you for the Sketchbook365 November Sketch challenge.


Here is my version of it.


I used the Palm Beach collection from Websters Pages, along with a Prima stencil for the gesso embossing, Fabscraps,Enmarc and Sassafras chipboards and an Upikit stamp, along with some My Minds Eye washi tape and enamel dots.

I did some gesso dabbing on my chipboard piece with a sponge and then spritsed it with some Enmarc Dazzles. I love the grainy, sandy texture that this effect gave.  Here's a close-up below.


I really tried to keep this page simple, and really had to keep myself from adding anything more.


This is another photo from our recent holiday by the sea. Joe was swimming in a tidal pool, and I sat on the side and took photo's of him! He was rather chilly here and I kept telling him to get out, but trying to get him out of the water was pointless.  He still swam for another half hour or so, and by that time the sun was already setting. It certainly was such a fabulous time for us both! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a super Saturday!
Denise x



10 comments:

  1. This looks great! Love the mask background....gives the effect of water/waves. The trees and footprints are great accents for this sweet pic/lo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you have interpreted the sketch. love the texture, love the colours - makes me want to go on hol now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture you did on your layouts!! All the fun colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...this is just perfect for the beach theme. The masked "waves", the palm trees, the shivering boy refusing to get out....so bright and fun.....I love that you kept it simple and I love the footprints :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super layout , love the colours and texture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is just summer on a page, Denise! I adore the texture and the footprints :) Thank you so much for joining us at Sketchbook365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Love the background work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful paste work. I love the textures and the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is so cool... I love that stencil it is beautiful... love the chippies too... love the frame around Joe and the cool trees... Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Masking. Thanks for playing with us at Sketchblog365 x

    ReplyDelete