This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Blossom - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone

Last month I lost my sweet dog Blossom...she was only 16 months old.  It was a real blow to our family and it was so hard to accept her death.  However, a month on and I am now able to think of all the happy times she gave us!! She is still terribly missed and will always have a special place in our hearts.

I created this canvas for her.  It's kinda messy....but that's Blossom to a T! ;-)


She so loved playing with her toys and they were always spread out over the garden.  These photo's were taken in Jan...Johann and Joe were playing with her.


I used the BoBunny Happy Tails collection, which is still a favourite of mine!


A close-up of the journalling.


She added such a breath of fresh air to our family! She will be sorely missed!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a super day!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about you losing your precious Blossom Denise. Pets can make such an impact on our lives and it's always tragic when they leave us. :( Your canvas is gorgeous and I totally love the 'messiness' about it. Take care. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sorry to hear about your loss...and I am sure you found therapy in making this canvas to honour her life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Denise, I'm so sorry to read about the death of your darling Blossom. It's a shocking thing for all the family and especially for the children. I remember bawling like a Baby when our dogs died. They leave such a hole in one's heart. Your page, in honour of your furry friend, is just gorgeous. Bright, fun and I love the big paw prints. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I love the colors, the texture of the background you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's awful. Even after just 16 months they have well and truly wormed their way into our hearts! Lovely canvas, though. Especially LOVE the dog prints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always hard to lose a pet no matter how long you have had them even when you are expecting it. They creep into our hearts so fast. I am glad that you are feeling a little better and I know how devastated you were at the time. Such a lovely layout to remember he by and the messy look is perfect for a puppy that is all over the place. Love this layout and the photos are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this messy page! I thought I had read that Blossom was 16, not 16 months :( so sorry for your loss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how really hard to lose our pets especially so young..... but life don't stop and that's great that you preserve your best memories about it in this work. just great!

    ReplyDelete