This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Saturday 7 March 2015

Summer - Scrap Africa Sketch no.46

Hello Everyone

Sorry for being so quiet this past week, but life has just been a little difficult.  So I just took some time out.

We have a new sketch challenge at Scrap Africa here.  Here is a reminder of the sketch.



And here is my take on it.


I used mostly BoBunny Lemonade Stand, but also some bits from Summer Stories Good Day Sunshine. I did some gesso stencilling, watercolour effects and stamping on the background.


My boy loves summer and so this is what this page is about! Sun, swimming, ice-creams, watermelon.....;-)


It's a bright, sunny and cheery page asd I really wanted to capture the essence of summer.


Here's a close up of the background and also some untidy cotton....which I thought was perfect for a boy's page! ;-))

Well I look forward to another beautiful day....even though the mornings are certainly getting a little cooler....the days are still very HOT.

I hope you have a super Saturday!
Denise x

7 comments:

  1. So fresh!
    I love the ink in the background!
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear life has been difficult Denise and glad you took some time out. We all need to do that from time to time. Your bright, gelato coloured page is perfect for your Summer boy. Our little ones love the pool too. A great sketch and a bright, fun page. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you I hope that you are feeling a little better now. Hope the time out was good for you too. I love this layout. The colours are just gorgeous as is that background. Love your take on the sketch too. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Denise, this is such a gorgeous fresh layout! Love it to bits.
    I hope this coming week will be better for you. It's so important to sometimes take time and just breathe.
    It was great to catch up on all your latest creations. Your work is fabulous as always.
    Have a great evening and lovely week my friend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorg sketch, brill bg & it really screams summer..... Hope ur back with renewed energy --- & it's always a good call to take a break when needed :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise! We could use a little summer over here right now! You captured it perfectly here on your gorgeous page. And speaking of gorgeous, that sketch is, too! (I hope to get some time to participate this time, maybe!!!) I love the photo and your journaling - really does bring the magic of summer to your layout! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love messy thread! And brights on white is the way to go!! Hope you are okay...

    ReplyDelete